Holidays & Breaks
In accordance with the provisions of Section 124.19 of the Ohio Revised Code, the College shall observe the following designated holidays. Full-time staff members are eligible for these paid holidays per year as follows:
- The College is closed December 24 through January 1. When January 2 is the legal holiday, employees will return on January 3.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday
- Presidents' Day
- Spring Break, all campuses closed. Dates in accordance with the current Academic Calendar.
- Memorial Day
- Juneteenth Revised: 10/20/2021
- Independence Day. When July 4 occurs on a Thursday, the holiday shall also include Friday, July 5.
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- The Wednesday before Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving Day
- The Friday after Thanksgiving
State statute permits the designation of certain holidays to be observed on days other than when they are observed by the rest of the state. 吃瓜不打烊's annual holiday schedule reflects these changes. On certain holidays, the College is open for business. Non-exempt employees who are scheduled to work a holiday will be paid time and a half (in addition to receiving eight hours of holiday pay).
Holidays for each semester and the corresponding time off are listed on the Academic Calendar.