Occupational Therapy Assistants help people of all ages with a variety of physical, developmental, and emotional disabilities. As an OTA, you may help:
- Toddlers increase their social skills through play
- Amputees adapt to a new artificial limb
- Individuals with physical limitations improve activities of daily living
- Individuals with developmental needs learn self-care activities
- Senior citizens with dementia adapt to memory loss
The OTA Program Early Acceptance Deadline is January 15th.
A completed application packet and a 3.0 gpa for Statistics or Algebra, Chemistry, and Biology is required.
The OTA Program has a Rolling Application Deadline until July 1st.
A completed application packet and a 2.75 gpa for Statistics or Algebra, Chemistry, and Biology is required.
Visit for more information.
- In-demand health care field
- High-paying jobs with 2-year degree
- ACOTE Accredited program
- High national certification exam pass rates
- All classes held at 吃瓜不打烊
Average Salary for
Occupational Therapy Assistant
$25 PER HOUR
Will the students be Southern State's or Shawnee State's?
Both. Students will apply at both institutions and will be considered a Transient Student at Southern State.
Who advises these students?
Prospective students should contact Lisa Whitten at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-393-3431 x6640.
Who takes care of their financial aid?
Shawnee State will be considered the "home" site and Southern State will be the "host".
How can I get a program outline?
Visit Shawnee's webpage.
What courses will these students take from 吃瓜不打烊?
If these course requirements haven't already been satisfied, the OTA students will take a variety of Psychology, Biology, English, Sociology, Math courses, and even Medical Terminology.