This program can be completed entirely Online.
Nature of Profession
The Accounting One-Year Certificate will introduce you to the basics of accounting and prepare you for employment with a small business or an entry level accounting position. You will have the opportunity to earn user certifications in Intuit Quick Books and Microsoft Excel.
To view current Job Postings related to the Accounting Program visit:
Careers in Accounting:
This information is provided by
Earn Industry Certifications
In this program students will have the opportunity to achieve an industry level certification. Our curriculum aligns with the certification content. Below are certifications that students can obtain as they move through the program. Learn more about the certification at the Test Centers.
Graduates of this program should be able to demonstrate proficiency in:
- Recording - Accurately summarize business transactions according to current professional standards and practices.
- Reporting - Create reports that communicate information clearly to the intended audience as governed by professional standards or required by law.
- Analysis - Apply appropriate methodologies for analyzing business data to make informed decisions.
- Technology - Utilize relevant technological tools to efficiently and effectively perform tasks.
- Research - Identify and apply relevant professional standards or laws to solve complex problems.
Fall Semester | First Year
|Principles of Financial Accounting
|Business Law I - The Legal Environment
|English Composition I
Spring Semester | First Year
|Principles of Managerial Accounting
|Computerized Accounting (Quickbooks)
|*MATH 1115 or MATH 1125 or Higher
|Math for the Business & Social Sciences or Quantitative Reasoning or Higher
|Principles of Microeconomics
|English Composition II
Program Total: 30-31
*MATH 1125 or higher is required for the Associate Degree and most transfer institutions.